Sorry, this job has expired.
Seeking network technician with 2+ years experience for career opportunity in the VyStar Credit Union 24x7x365 data center network!
Come meet our recruiters in person from 10am-2pm on Tuesday, July 10th. Click "Apply now" for the location address.
• This position will handle Level 1 and greater troubleshooting for many areas including: Windows Server, LAN/WAN Networking, SAN, Security, Wireless and VoIP, application monitoring, mainframe operations and batch processing operations.
• You will closely monitor system, network and applications and assist in the resolution of high-severity outages of critical systems and IT Infrastructure.
• Upon indication of a major incident, the NOC technician will be responsible for contacting IT personnel to begin triage of issues. Position will report to the Manager of the NOC
At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees!
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in an operations or network technician position.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in an operations or network technician position. (for the Sr. Level Role)
• Experience in troubleshooting, process workflow and communication skills are a requirement.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing network analytical tasks.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of Network and Application Monitoring tools.
• Knowledge of network commands and tools such as Ping, Traceroute, NSLookup.
• General familiarity of IT infrastructure such as data networking (routers, switches, WAN), servers (Windows), VMWare, SAN, security, wireless, VoIP, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and all call center technology, including Click2Coach, Blue Pumpkin, Report Retriever, SmartWriter, CUNA Mutual WebTool, Eport, Harland WebTool, WESS (web enable self-service system), and TOM (time off management system), CentreVue, OMEGA, TWS Research, APPRO, Zeus/Miser, PSCU and Tranzact and Prime Alliance is preferred.
• Demonstrates problem resolution, problem identification and conflict management.
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another related field.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a Network Operations Center is required.
• Current industry certifications: CCNA, VMWare, SolarWinds, Security, would be a plus
Normal work week across these shifts is five, 8 hours shifts.
Requires rotational shifts. Currently there are 3 daily shifts, 7 days a week.